Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clipz

Would you guys have interest in a JAC Discord?

Would you guys want a JAC Discord?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys want a JAC Discord?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

Just throwing out the idea, Discord seems to be growing in general when TS3 in general is being less used by the majority of gamers.

To learn more about it visit https://discordapp.com/

The only issue that I think I'd have with this is that (to my knowledge, if it's possible please correcet me) but you can't really check proxy's or VPN's. Which I know a lot of people use on JAC (whether they're banned or not). Even I have my own VPN that I *could* use if I wanted to. Other than that, I'm 100% for it.

1 hour ago, Hunter45013 said:

Even I have my own VPN that I *could* use if I wanted to.

I certainly welcome you to try.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:49 PM, Deathdroid65 said:

I certainly welcome you to try.

I definitely included the "wanted to" part. It was also a follow up to my prior statement, which was stating how common VPN's and proxy's are. And plus VPN's and Proxy's aren't banned by the current JAC Terms of Service. 

Terms of Use for TeamSpeak

By using the JAC Gaming TeamSpeak 3 voice server you agree to abide by the following conditions:

• You must respect that there are players of all ages welcome on the TeamSpeak server, and therefore the sharing, discussion, distribution, displaying, or spamming of sexually explicit or aggressive content, grotesque or reasonably shocking content, or content meant to cause offense to a minor is absolutely prohibited. Players above the age of 18 may choose to join special channels labeled 18+ in order to discuss more mature topics freely.
  • You will be punished, muted, or banned temporarily or permanently for sharing or spamming content that can be considered reasonably offensive or abusive to another player. This includes audio bombing, voice changers without consent of the players in the channel, streaming of sound effects or music in non-music channels, the setting of still or animated offensive avatars, offensive names or descriptions, and similar.
  • You may not unreasonably sustain harassment against another player, such as by following them from channel to channel against their request, spam messaging them or audio spamming them in a targeted or abusive attack. This will not be tolerated and punishment will be given.
  • JAC Gaming otherwise adheres to the 1st amendment of the United States constitution, and the spectrum of discussion is generally more relaxed on TeamSpeak than in-game, as minors and adults can willingly segregate into appropriate channels.

No where in here does it mention the usage of a proxy or VPN on the TeamSpeak3 server.
Furthermore, your post about the VPN and Proxy filtering (17 hours ago) wasn't effective when there were people getting banned for this reason. 

4 hours ago, Hunter45013 said:

I definitely included the "wanted to" part. It was also a follow up to my prior statement, which was stating how common VPN's and proxy's are. And plus VPN's and Proxy's aren't banned by the current JAC Terms of Service.

For everyone who reads this and hopefully before anyone jumps to conclusions, I'd like to point out that I spoke with Brian and Hunter on TeamSpeak about this after my post was made regarding the use of VPNs and proxies. My intention was not to scare people into thinking that the use of VPN/proxy connections is against the rules. Your Minecraft account will not be banned if you are found to be using a VPN. That being said, if you get banned because you forgot to turn off your VPN, you should be able to turn it off and connect normally. The only exception to this is with TeamSpeak, since you'd have to generate a new identity as well (this is meant to slow down bypass attempts, but it may be changed in the future). The people who were already banned for using a VPN were either manually banned by staff members because they were bypassing their bans (not because they were using a VPN), or they were banned by the new system for the same reason (though there have only been a few bans). The most recent ban, which is the one I believe Hunter is referring to was for Major Tom, who was automatically banned and later proven to be using multiple VPNs (possibly unintentionally). Major Tom's VPN was globally IP banned during the testing phase of the project. This was not intentional, but it does prove that the system works with a pretty good degree of accuracy. This was not public knowledge, but for the last week this system has been running on all of our servers and for the most part, nobody noticed that anything had changed. That's exactly how I intended it to work out. I wanted to make sure that the average player was not affected and I do believe we have achieved that goal. If anyone has questions and would like to calmly discuss them on TeamSpeak, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks,
Death